Our User Agreement was first published on 11 February 2016 and was last updated on the 31st of October 2019.
Welcome to Opentute
Thanks for using our Service. The Service is provided by Open Tute Pty Ltd ACN 607 003 136 (“Opentute”), a company incorporated in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
By using our Service, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
Eligibility as to use
You will not use the Opentute Service if you:
- are not able to form legally binding contracts; or
- are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, (i.e. in Australia you must be aged 18 or over to use Opentute Service); or
- a person barred from receiving and rendering services under the laws of Australia or other applicable jurisdiction; or
- are suspended from using the Opentute Service.
Users may provide a business name or a company name, which is to be associated with the User’s Account. Users acknowledge and agree that where a business name or company name is associated with their Account, this User Agreement is a contract with the User as an individual (not the business or company) and Users remain solely responsible for all activity undertaken in respect of their Account.
We may, at our absolute discretion, refuse to register a person or corporate entity as a User.
To protect your Account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your Account. Try not to reuse your Account password on third-party applications.
While using the Opentute Service, you will not engage in the following activities:
- post content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our Services and services;
- use Opentute Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international laws, violate or encourage others to violate any right of or obligation to Opentute or a third party, including by infringing, misappropriating, or violating intellectual property, contractual rights, confidentiality, or privacy rights.
- failing to pay for Expert services, as agreed in advance, unless the Learner fails to meet the terms, materially alters the terms of the Expert Services from the listing;
- failing to deliver Expert Services purchased from you, unless the Learner fails to meet the terms, materially alters the terms of the Expert Services from the listing;
- circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to Opentute;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory or offensive content (including personal information);
- take any action that may undermine the Profile Opinions and Ratings (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information or using it for purposes unrelated to the Opentute Service);
- transfer your Opentute account (including Profile Opinions and Ratings) and Username to another party without our consent;
- distribute, post or transmit any advertising or promotional materials, including junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Opentute, the Service, or the interests or property of Opentute users (including their Intellectual Property Rights, privacy and publicity rights) or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy, vulgar, obscene, profane or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to, or incite hatred of, any person;
- download and aggregate listings from our Service for display with listings from other non-Opentute services without our express written permission, “frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of the Service into any other non-Opentute Service without our prior written authorisation;
- attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by us in connection with the Opentute Service;
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the Opentute Service or Opentute’s copyrights and trademarks; or harvest or otherwise collect information about Users, including email addresses, without their consent.
- impersonate another person or entity, or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity when using our Services; use or attempt to use another’s account or personal information; and attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Services, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Services, through hacking password mining or any other means.
Privacy and Intellectual Property Protection
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of infringers according to the laws of Australia. If you believe that your Intellectual Property rights have been violated, please notify us and we will investigate your notification. Please contact us by emailing us at travis@Opentute.com.
Fees and Charges
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in United States Dollars.
You are responsible for paying any taxes, including any goods and services or value added taxes, which may be applicable depending on the jurisdiction of the services provided. These taxes will be added to fees billed to you, if applicable.
As we are a company incorporated in Australia, all fees earned by us from Australian Users will be subject to a 10% Goods and Services Tax (GST) on all fees, which will be shown separately on all invoices.
You must also comply with your obligations under income tax provisions in your jurisdiction.
Payment Administration Agent
You acknowledge and agree that we may in our sole discretion, from time to time, appoint our related bodies corporate or a third party as our agent to accept or make payments (including merchant facilities) from or to Users on our behalf. Such a third party will have the same rights, powers and privileges that we have under this User Agreement and will be entitled to exercise or enforce their rights, powers and privileges as our agent or in their own name. In no event shall we be liable to any User for any loss, damage or liability resulting from the Payment Administration Agent’s negligence and/or acts beyond the authority given by Opentute.
User Consents and Warrants
User consents and warrants the following:
You acknowledge and agree that we may display your name or company/business name, logo, images or other media, your public profile and Profile Opinions and Ratings, and public description of your requirements and profile as part of the Opentute Services and/or other marketing materials relating to the Opentute Service.
You acknowledge and agree to allow Opentute to automatically update Service /software for time to time in the future.
When you give us content, you grant us a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to publish any and all copyright, trademark, publicity, and database rights (but no other rights) you have in the content, in any media known now or in the future.
You acknowledge and agree that: (1) we only act as a portal for the online distribution and publication of User content. We have the right (but not the obligation) to take any action deemed appropriate by us with respect to your User content; (2) we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any content, whether or not the content was actually made available on the Service; and (3) any and all content submitted to the Service is subject to our approval. We may reject, approve or modify your User content in consultation with the Private Portal Super Administrator.
You represent and warrant that your content:
- will not infringe upon or misappropriate any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right or proprietary right or right of publicity or privacy of any person;
- will not violate any law or regulation;
- will not be defamatory or trade libellous;
- will not be obscene or contain child pornography;
- will not contain the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons
- will not contain material linked to terrorist activities
- will not include incomplete, false or inaccurate information about User or any other individual; and
- will not contain any viruses or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
We provide unmonitored access to third party content, including Profile Opinions and Ratings and articles with original content and opinions (or links to such third party content). We only act as a portal and have no liability based on, or related to, third party content on the Service, whether arising under the laws of copyright or other intellectual property, defamation, libel, privacy, obscenity, or any other legal discipline.
The Service may contain links to other third party services. We do not control other third party services to which we link from the Service. We do not endorse the content, products, services, practices, policies or performance of the services we link to from the Service. Use of third party content, links to third party content and/or services is at your risk.
Profile Opinions and Ratings
You acknowledge that you transfer copyright of the feedback, reputation and reviews you leave on Profile Opinions and Ratings consisting of comments and a multidimensional rating (e.g. quality, communication etc.) together with a composite rating by us. You acknowledge that such feedback, reputation and reviews belong solely to us, notwithstanding that we permit you to use it on our Service while you remain a User. You must not use, or deal with, such feedback, reputation and reviews in any way inconsistent with our policies as posted on the Service from time to time without our prior written permission.
You may not do (or omit to do) anything that may undermine the integrity of the Opentute feedback system. We are entitled to suspend or terminate your Account at any time if we, in our sole and absolute discretion, are concerned by any feedback about you, or your feedback rating, where we believe our feedback system may be subverted.
Our feedback ratings belong to us and may not be used for any purpose other than facilitating the provision of Expert Services via the Opentute Service. You may not use your Profile Opinions and Ratings (including, but not limited to, marketing or exporting your any or all of your composite rating or feedback comments) in any real or virtual venue other than a Service operated by Opentute or its related entities without our written permission.
You may engage with third party or sponsor advertisement on your Private Portal so far as the said advertisement complies with law of the local jurisdiction and Private Portal Contract.
Business uses of our Services
If you are using our Service on behalf of a business/company/organisation, that business/company/organisation accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify Opentute and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and legal fees.
To the extent authorised by law, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Opentute, its employees, officers, directors, affiliates, and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys fees, resulting directly or indirectly from or arising out of (a) your violation of the Terms, (b) your use of any of the Services, and/or (c) the Content you make available on any of the Services. We offer the same indemnification to our active Private Portal Super Administrators.
About these Terms
We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service. While we will inform users of significant changes to terms and conditions, you should look at the terms regularly. Changes addressing new functions for a Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service.
If there is a conflict between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
These terms control the relationship between Opentute and you. They do not create any third party beneficiary rights.
If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
The laws of New South Wales, Australia, excluding New South Wales conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services. All claims arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of New South Wales, Australia and you and Opentute consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
No waiver: Either party’s failure to insist on or enforce strict performance of any of the Terms will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
Severability: If any part of the Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any law or regulation or final determination of a competent court or tribunal, that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
No agency relationship: The parties agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Opentute as a result of the Terms or from your use of any of the Services.
Integration: These Master Terms and Conditions and any applicable Additional Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Opentute relating to this subject matter and supersede any and all prior communications and/or agreements between you and Opentute relating to access and use of the Services.
Disclaimer of Warranties
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Opentute offers the services (including all content available on or through the services) as-is and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the services, express, implied, statutory, or otherwise, including without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Opentute does not warrant that the functions of the services will be uninterrupted or error-free, that content made available on or through the services will be error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that any servers used by Opentute are free of viruses or other harmful components. Opentute does not warrant or make any representation regarding use of the content available through the services in terms of accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Opentute be liable to you on any legal theory for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages, including without limitation, loss of revenue or income, lost profits, pain and suffering, emotional distress, cost of substitute goods or services, or similar damages suffered or incurred by you or any third party that arise in connection with the services (or the termination thereof for any reason), even if Opentute has been advised of the possibility of such damages. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Opentute is not responsible or liable whatsoever in any manner for any content posted on or available through the services (including claims of infringement relating to that content), for your use of the services, or for the conduct of third parties on or through the services. Certain jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of certain warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply to you. In these jurisdictions, the foregoing exclusions and limitations will be enforced to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law.
Feedback & Questions
If you have questions about this Agreement, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.